Toll Bridge Tolers
- Ability to use personal computer is desired, but not required. If computer is not used, then neat and legible handwriting is a must
- Ability to take complete notes of meetings
- Good spelling and grammar skills
- Personal computer is recommended
- Calendar and to-do list
- A small recorder would be very helpful
AS STATED IN THE BY-LAWS:
- Shall record minutes of all meetings of the chapter and of the Board of Directors. These minutes shall be kept in books, which are the property of the chapter, and shall be a complete and clear record of activities.
- Shall provide a copy of the minutes of each meeting to the Newsletter.
AS STATED IN THE STANDING RULES:
AS LOCALLY AGREED TO RULES:
A copy of all Board meetings is to be submitted to the Newsletter so that the entire membership can be aware of what activities/decisions are taking place
- As described in SDP Chapters Binder
- Keep the minutes of chapter and Board Committee meetings
- Maintain custody of the official/signed copy of the minutes of the Chapter and Board meetings. (Note: According to the SDP binder, access to Chapter minutes is limited to Chapter members; access to Board minutes is limited to Board members except as designated.
- Keep all lists of National and Chapter officers and chairmen current. Include phone numbers of local officers.
- Note and date each page of all amendments or changes in bylaws and standing rules at both organization levels
- Within one week after each meeting, furnish President a copy of the minutes of the previous meeting with lists of: Unfinished business as shown in the minutes; Motions or Actions postponed from previous meeting; and Committees instructed to report.
- In the absence of the President, 1st Vice President, and 2nd Vice President, is prepared to call the meeting to order
- Notify the Treasurer of expenditures authorized by Chapter action
- Complete and return to the National Office any and all forms for which your President asks you to be responsible.
- If you are Corresponding Secretary:
- Read correspondence to the Chapter (summarize long letters), first giving the name of the writer and the organization. Be familiar with correct pronunciation of names.
- Reply to correspondence promptly as directed, with copies for the President's and Chapter's files. The exception is correspondence relating to work assigned to another officer. The President with the signature of the Secretary below signs all letters.
- All letters, reports, and memoranda should be dated. Letters should show the address of the writer and the name of the Chapter.
- Files at the end of the term of office should be cleared of all but material of use to the next term.
- No social correspondence should be retained
OUTPUTS FROM POSITION:
- Attend Chapter meetings - 3 hours per month
- Attend board meetings - 3 hours per month
- Transcribe minutes - 5 to 6 hours per month
- Review minutes with President for accuracy and/or necessary correction - 1 hour per month
- Send minutes to National - 30 minutes per month
- Work with the Board to develop chapter goals for the year
- Work with other board members at meetings and chapter activities
Executive and Membership page
Job Descriptions Listing
Handbook Table of Contents